Workshop Series: The Research-Based Flipped Classroom: Team-Based Learning
|Date/Time:||Thursday, 26 Jan 2017 from 3:30 pm to 5:00 pm|
|Location:||2030 Morrill Hall|
|Channel:||Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching (CELT)|
TBL was originally developed nearly 40 years ago by a professor of organizational psychology to maximize the power of teams, and carefully designed to avoid the pitfalls of small group learning. TBL provides students with a more intimate, small class feel even in large theater-style classrooms with fixed seats. TBL teachers report high levels of student attendance, preparation, participation and critical thinking. TBL students report enjoying class and being more motivated and actively engaged. Collaboration in teams builds student problem-solving skills that are valued by employers in real-life workplace environments. Just like on the job, participants are expected to be responsible and prepared as individuals and then bring their best efforts into group activities.
** This Team-Based Learning Workshop Series (TBL) meets once weekly for five consecutive weeks on Thursdays for Spring 2017: January 26, February 2, 9, 16 and 23 from 3:30 - 5:00 p.m.**
Facilitator: Holly Bender, CELT Associate Director.
*Getting Started with Team-Based Learning*
The book for this series, is available for check out at Parks Library or download the eBook via Park Library's Getting Started with Team-Based Learning website. Additionally, CELT will have copies available for check-out prior to the event please email email@example.com to request your copy.
*Registration is required to attend all 5 consecutive meetings and is required for this event prior to January 26, 2017.*
*Register for CELT events online through the Learn@ISU website website:*
1. Visit the Learn@ISU website
2. Login with your Net-ID (username) and password (upper right corner) *Note:* Your Net-ID will be the prefix in your ISU email account ([netid]@iastate.edu)
3. Click the Login button
4. Locate the Keyword search box (upper left section) > Input "CELT" > Click Search
5. Locate the program > Click List Events next to the appropriate cohort/program
6. Click Enroll - a pop-up window will appear
7. Click Register
8. You will receive an email with the subject: Enrollment Confirmation
By Email firstname.lastname@example.org
1. your name
2. your department
3. your position (instructor, faculty, P&S staff, or teaching or graduate assistantship)
4. name of the event
5. date of the event
By Phone at 294-5357.
This event is coordinated by The Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching