Online Tele-Workshop: Collaboration: How To Work With Others Without Losing Your Friends Or Your Mind
|Date/Time:||Tuesday, 05 Aug 2014 from 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm|
|Location:||Online Tele-Workshop - National Center for Faculty Diversity and Development|
|Actions:||Download iCal/vCal | Email Reminder|
How to assess the prospects for a successful collaboration? How do we navigate the potentially treacherous and emotionally wearing prospects of collaborations with colleagues higher or lower than us on the academic food chain? In this workshop, we will identify features of a successful collaboration, a decision-making flow, and strategies to triage problematic partnerships.
David Cook-Martin, PhD, is Associate Professor of Sociology at Grinnell College. His scholarship focuses on race, ethnicity, law and citizenship. He is the author of The Scramble for Citizens: Dual Nationality and the Competition for Immigrants (forthcoming, Stanford University Press). David is currently working on a project that examine ethnic racial exclusions in immigration and nationality policies in the Americas since 1850. His life is otherwise about getting two kids wherever they need to go and finding time to hang out with their mother.
This event will be held online: [http://www.facultydiversity.org/?page=Wo...sCalendar]
Go to NCFDD after having activated your institutional sub membership.
How to activate your membership account in the NCFDD
1. Go to the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity website
2. Select the "Become a Member" tab and choose "Individual Membership" (Do not follow the "Click here to become a member" link in the middle of the center's homepage)
3. In the middle of the Individual Membership page, select "Click Here"
4. On the "Select Your Member Type" page, select the third option, "Institutional Sub-Account"
5. On the "Select a Username" page, enter your ISU-issued email address in the first "Username" box and complete the registration process
6. You will receive an email within 24 hours confirming that your account is active