Online Tele-Workshop: Overcoming Academic Perfectionism
|Date/Time:||Wednesday, 17 Sep 2014 from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm|
|Location:||Online Tele-Workshop - National Center for Faculty Diversity and Development|
|Actions:||Download iCal/vCal | Email Reminder|
If any of these things sound familiar, CONGRATULATIONS! You're a perfectly normal perfectionist! The only problem is that the nature of the Academy is likely to exacerbate your perfectionist tendencies, as opposed to minimize them. In this workshop, perfectionists will unite to get clear about:
The causes and consequences of excessive perfectionism
The features of academic life that intensify perfectionism
Strategies identify when your perfectionism is at work, assess whether it is useful or debilitating, and adjust your standards and behavior accordingly.
The secret to finding real satisfaction in every step of the writing process
Kerry Ann Rockquemore, PhD is President and CEO of the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity. Her scholarship has focused on interracial families, biracial identity, and the politics of racial categorization. She is author of two important books: Beyond Black and Raising Biracial Children, as well as over two dozen articles and book chapters on multiracial youth. After Dr. Rockquemore became a tenured professor, her focus shifted to improving conditions for pre-tenure faculty by creating supportive communities for writing productivity and work/life balance. Her award-winning work with under-represented faculty led to the publication of her most recent book: The Black Academic's Guide to Winning Tenure Without Losing Your Soul. Dr. Rockquemore provides workshops for faculty at colleges across the U.S., writes an advice column for Inside Higher Ed, and works with a select group of faculty each semester in the Faculty Success Program
This event will be held online: [http://www.facultydiversity.org/?page=Wo...sCalendar]
Go to NCFDD after having activated your institutional sub membership.
How to activate your membership account in the NCFDD
1. Go to the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity website
2. Select the "Become a Member" tab and choose "Individual Membership" (Do not follow the "Click here to become a member" link in the middle of the center's homepage)
3. In the middle of the Individual Membership page, select "Click Here"
4. On the "Select Your Member Type" page, select the third option, "Institutional Sub-Account"
5. On the "Select a Username" page, enter your ISU-issued email address in the first "Username" box and complete the registration process
6. You will receive an email within 24 hours confirming that your account is active