Seminar: How to integrate flipped classroom? Potential challenges and opportunities
|Date/Time:||Wednesday, 02 Mar 2016 from 1:10 pm to 2:30 pm|
|Location:||2030 Morrill Hall|
|Channel:||Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching|
|Actions:||Download iCal/vCal | Email Reminder|
A follow-up discussion will be led to further investigate what potential challenges and opportunities instructor may face during the development phase.
Flipped Class Learning Community
This learning community offers opportunity for faculty/staff/graduate students/postdoc to learn more about the flipped classroom and how to incorporate this approach to your courses. A flipped classroom is an instructional strategy that reverses the traditional educational arrangement by delivering instructional content, often online, outside of the classroom.
Co-Facilitators: Laura Ellingson, PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Kinesiology, College of Human Sciences; and Jacqulyn Baughman, PhD, Mechanical Engineering, Senior Lecturer, College of Engineering
Meets on the following Tuesdays:
Feb. 10, Mar. 2, Mar. 23, and Apr. 13
About Faculty/Staff Learning Communities
Members of Faculty and Staff Teaching and Learning Communities are multidisciplinary faculty and professionals who attend monthly or bi-weekly meetings to engage in a topic related to the scholarship of teaching and learning.
*Register for CELT events online through the Learn@ISU website website:*
1. Visit the Learn@ISU website
2. Login with your Net-ID (username) and password (upper right corner)
3. Click the Login button
4. Locate the Keyword search box (upper left section) > Input "CELT" > Click Search
5. Locate the program > Click List Events next to the appropriate cohort/program
6. Click Enroll - a pop-up window will appear
7. Click Register
8. You will receive an email with the subject: Enrollment Confirmation
By Email firstname.lastname@example.org
1. your name
2. your department
3. your position (instructor, faculty, P&S staff, or teaching or graduate assistantship)
4. name of the event
5. date of the event
By Phone at 294-5357.
Coordinated by Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching (CELT)