Global Food Security Consortium and Everson Seed and Biosafety Symposium
|Date/Time:||Wednesday, 13 Apr 2016 from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm|
|Cost:||$50-$140 (free for ISU faculty, staff, students, consortium)|
|Channel:||Seed Science Center|
|Actions:||Download iCal/vCal | Email Reminder|
REAL Sustainability: Real Engagement in Agricultural Livelihoods
Wednesday, April 13
Welcome, 8 a.m.
- Manjit Misra, Iowa State
Symposium Keynote, 8:05 a.m.
- William Dar, Inanglupa Movement, Inc.
Session One: "Developing Research Platforms for Sustainable Food Systems," 8:45 a.m.
- Joe Colletti, Iowa State University
- Adegbola "Gbola" Adesogan, University of Florida
- Vara Prasad, Kansas State University
- Panel, moderated by Deb Hamernik, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Luncheon and Keynote, noon
- Wendy Wintersteen, Iowa State University
- Christie Vilsack, USAID
Session Two: "Educating the Workforce for a Dynamic Industry," 1:30 p.m.
- David Acker, Iowa State University
- Cory Forbes, University of Nebraska - Lincoln
- Moses Osiru, RUFORUM
- Todd Hall, Cargill, Inc.
- Panel, moderated by Jeff Lansdale, Zamorano University
Poster Session and Reception, 4:45 p.m.
Thursday, April 14
Session Three: "Building Capacity through Public-Private Partnerships," 8:30 a.m.
- John Lawrence, Iowa State University
- Jocelyn Brown, USDA - FAS
- Jeff Dykstra, Partners in Food Solutions
- Patricia Sheikh, Corporate Council on Africa
- Panel, moderated by Sarah Nusser, Iowa State University
Poster awards, 11:30 a.m.
Closing remarks, 11:45 p.m.
- Manjit Misra, Iowa State University
- Max Rothschild, Iowa State University