Seminar: CELT Spring Semester Teaching Assistant (TA) Seminar
|Date/Time:||Friday, 05 Jan 2018 from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm|
|Location:||2030 Morrill Hall|
|Channel:||Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching|
|Actions:||Download iCal/vCal | Email Reminder|
Discussion will focus on topics such as classroom management, effective grading, and preparing for the first day of class. Ideas for specific types of teaching, time management, and working with students will also be shared.
Online Learning Modules to complete prior to the TA Seminar
Additionally, TAs are encouraged to enroll and participate in the CELT Teaching Resources (TA Cohort) [Year Round Training] on the Learning Management System prior to the TA Seminar. Directions on how-to enroll will be available prior to November 1.
Help us welcome your new TAs to the ISU classroom!
Karen Bovenmyer, Program Coordinator for Preparing Future Faculty
*Registration will be available on November 1 and is required for this event prior to January 5, 2018.*
*Register for CELT events online through the Learn@ISU website website:*
1. Visit the Learn@ISU website
2. Login with your Net-ID (username) and password (upper right corner) *Note:* Your Net-ID will be the prefix in your ISU email account ([netid]@iastate.edu) and is required to login to campus computers, secure web sites, CyMail for students, and ISU Exchange email for faculty and staff. If you do not have a Net-ID visit the Net-ID Registration IT website
3. Click the Login button
4. Locate the Keyword search box (upper left section) > Input "CELT" > Click Search
5. Locate the program > Click List Events next to the appropriate cohort/program
6. Click Enroll - a pop-up window will appear
7. Click Register
8. You will receive an email with the subject: Enrollment Confirmation
By Email email@example.com
1. your name
2. your department
3. your position (instructor, faculty, P&S staff, or teaching or graduate assistantship)
4. name of the event
5. date of the event
By Phone at 294-5357.
This event is coordinated by The Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching