Workshop: Inclusive Classroom Faculty Development Workshop
|Date/Time:||Wednesday, 12 Jul 2017 from 1:10 pm to 4:00 pm|
|Location:||2030 Morrill Hall|
|Channel:||Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching (CELT)|
|Categories:||Diversity, Training, development|
Overall Workshop Objectives
After participating in the pre-workshop learning modules and the face-to-face program, faculty and staff will:
1. Identify discipline-based and course specific improvements to foster inclusive excellence in the classroom.
2. Develop an individual action plan for promoting inclusion in the classroom.
3. Become familiar with the campus resources and programs that support diversity and inclusion.
About the Pre-workshop Learning Modules
By engaging in the pre-workshop learning modules, participants will:
1. Learn about teaching inclusively and why it is important at Iowa State University.
2. Identify their own attitudes towards inclusion, acknowledge how it impacts teaching, and develop strategies to be more inclusive.
3. Enhance self-awareness and instructional skills that may contribute to our inclusive campus environment.
Modules will be available at least one week prior to the workshop and will be instrumental to our face-to-face program; therefore, we ask that you complete the modules prior to the event.
To learn more about inclusive classrooms visit CELT's Creating an Inclusive Classroom website
*Prerequisite:* This workshop is for faculty and staff (who have a teaching role).
*How to Register*
1. Visit the Learn@ISU website:*
2. Login with your Net-ID (username) and password (upper right corner)
3. Locate the Keyword search box (upper left section) > Input "CELT" > Click Search
4. Locate the program > Click List Events next to the appropriate cohort/program
5. Click Enroll - a pop-up window will appear
6. Click Register
7. You will receive an email with the subject: Enrollment Confirmation
Or if you would prefer:
Call CELT at 515-294-5357 / email email@example.com & specify: event title, date, name, department & email
This event is coordinated by The Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching