Conversation on Teaching Inclusively: Top 10 tips for creating an accessible course
|Date/Time:||Tuesday, 27 Mar 2018 from 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm|
|Location:||2030 Morrill Hall|
|Channel:||Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching|
|Categories:||Diversity Training, development|
|Actions:||Download iCal/vCal | Email Reminder|
* Provide 10 basic strategies for creating accessible online course content.
* Present the Quality Matters framework as a specific approach to address accessibility and usability
* Build a timeline for implementing course changes.
* Share how - to resources and upcoming events.
*About CELT's Conversations on Teaching Inclusively*
This program will provide an opportunity for faculty and staff (who have a teaching role) to dialogue about teaching inclusively at Iowa State University. The intent of these conversations will be to help build a stronger teaching community, create collaborative partnerships, and develop effective teaching practices for meeting the diverse needs of our students. Each month we will choose a topic based on input from our teaching community.
Sample topics include:
* Identity and positionality; how it affects your teaching
* Inclusive projects and study groups
* Incorporating diversity issues more deeply into the curriculum
* Working effectively with different learning styles
Choose to attend one or all the following conversations on the following Thursdays from 4 - 5:00 p.m. in 2030 Morrill Hall:
* March 27
* April 24
Visit CELT's Creating an Inclusive Classroom website
*How to Register*
1. Visit the Learn@ISU website:*
2. Log in with your Net-ID (username) and password (upper right corner)
3. Locate the Keyword search box (upper left section) > Input "CELT" > Click Search
4. Locate the program > Click List Events next to the appropriate cohort/program
5. Click Enroll - a pop-up window will appear
6. Click Register
7. You will receive an email with the subject: Enrollment Confirmation
Or if you would prefer:
Call CELT at 515-294-5357 / email email@example.com & specify: event title, date, name, department & email
This event is coordinated by The Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching