Teleworkshop: Department Chair Intensive: How to Balance Teaching, Research (and Life!) While Transitioning into an Academic Role
|Date/Time:||Tuesday, 08 Jul 2014 from 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm|
|Cost:||0, with activated center membership|
|Categories:||Conferences Training, development|
|Actions:||Download iCal/vCal | Email Reminder|
In this bootcamp, we will focus on various ways you can maintain a sense of balance and wellness during the transition to department chair.
In this four-week session, we will discuss various ways to engage the role of chair while continuing to do scholarship and take care of yourself; brainstorm how to build a strategic network; learn how to engage in "difficult conversations" that will inevitably be part of your job; and ultimately, create your own personal, realistic definition for a successful term as department chair.
To activate an ISU-sponsored Individual Membership account in the NCFDD:
1) Go to the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity website (www.facultydiversity.org).
2) Select the "Become a Member" tab and choose "Individual Membership."
3) On the Individual Membership page select "Click Here."
4) On the "Select Your Member Type" page, select "Institutional Sub-Account."
5) On the "Select a Username" page use your ISU issued email address in the first "Username" box. Complete the registration process.
6) You will receive a welcome email at that email address within 24 hours confirming that your account is now active and you can begin fully using your new NCFDD membership.