Online Tele-Workshop: Teaching In No Time: How To Have A Stress-Free Semester (4 sessions)
|Date/Time:||Thursday, 24 Jul 2014 from 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm|
|Location:||Online Tele-Workshop - National Center for Faculty Diversity and Development|
|Actions:||Download iCal/vCal | Email Reminder|
At the end of this experience, participants will have weekly course topics, lesson plans for the first two weeks, and course assignments. Each of these key course components will be chosen and designed by you to increase teaching effectiveness while also reducing preparation and grading time. This course is ideal for new or experienced teachers at research or teaching universities who want to reduce the anxiety and/or time associated with teaching.
Chavella Pittman, PhD is Assistant Professor of sociology at Dominican University. Previously, she held positions as assistant professor at New College of Florida and as a University of California postdoctoral fellow at UCLA. Her research interests include research methods and statistics, social psychology, social influence and behavior, interpersonal race and ethnic relations, gender, and higher education. Her dissertation was titled, "Do We Act the Way We Think? Multicultural Education and the Disconnect Between Racial Attitudes and Behaviors in College Students." Her other publications include "Multicultural Education and Social Justice Actions" (Intercultural Education, 2009), "Race and Gender Oppression in the Classroom: The Experiences of Women Faculty of Color with White Male Students" (Teaching Sociology, 2010), and "Exploring How African American Faculty Cope with Classroom Racial Stressors" (The Journal of Negro Education, 2010).
This event will be held online: [http://www.facultydiversity.org/?page=Wo...sCalendar]
Go to NCFDD after having activated your institutional sub membership.
How to activate your membership account in the NCFDD
1. Go to the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity website
2. Select the "Become a Member" tab and choose "Individual Membership" (Do not follow the "Click here to become a member" link in the middle of the center's homepage)
3. In the middle of the Individual Membership page, select "Click Here"
4. On the "Select Your Member Type" page, select the third option, "Institutional Sub-Account"
5. On the "Select a Username" page, enter your ISU-issued email address in the first "Username" box and complete the registration process
6. You will receive an email within 24 hours confirming that your account is active