Webinar: How to Engage in Healthy Conflict
|Date/Time:||Thursday, 08 Oct 2020 from 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm|
|Actions:||Download iCal/vCal | Email Reminder|
Academics can be conflict-avoidant and the inability to manage conflict can result in negative physical, emotional and relational consequences for tenure-track faculty. So learn early in your career to master the skill of healthy conflict to effectively manage conflicts as they arise and avoid carrying around all of the negative energy, anger and resentment in your mind and body. In this webinar, you will learn:
- How conflict-management is an essential part of thriving in the Academy.
- How to decide when to push-back and when to pull back in the face of conflict.
- The difference between healthy and unhealthy conflict.
- How to get clear about the role that power plays in resolving departmental conflicts.
- Ten tips for engaging in healthy conflict.
- On the center's homepage, click on "Join NCFDD."
- Fill in your institution's name and set up your free membership.
- Navigate to the center's events page to register for this event.