Teaching & Learning Circle: Team-Based Learning
|Date/Time:||Wednesday, 27 Jan 2016 from 1:10 pm to 2:30 pm|
|Location:||192 Seminar Room, Parks Library|
|Channel:||Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching (CELT)|
** This Team-Based Learning Teaching and Learning Circle (TBL TLC) meets once weekly for five consecutive weeks on Wednesdays for S2016: January 27, February 3, 10, 17, and 24 from 1:10 - 2:30 p.m.**
TBL students report enjoying class and being more motivated and actively engaged. Collaboration in teams provides students with valuable experience that is reflective of problem solving in real-life workplace environments. Just like on the job, participants are expected to be responsible and prepared as individuals and then bring their best efforts into group activities.
Facilitator: Holly Bender, CELT Associate Director.
What is a Teaching & Learning Circle?
Teaching & Learning Circles are groups of people who meet once weekly (or bi-weekly) for 4-6 times to discuss topics of common interest and/or books.
Registration is required to attend all 5 consecutive meetings
*Registration is required for this event prior to January 27, 2016.*
*Register for CELT events online through the Learn@ISU website website:*
1. Visit the Learn@ISU website
2. Login with your Net-ID (username) and password (upper right corner) *Note:* Your Net-ID will be the prefix in your ISU email account ([netid]@iastate.edu)
3. Click the Login button
4. Locate the Keyword search box (upper left section) > Input "CELT" > Click Search
5. Locate the program > Click List Events next to the appropriate cohort/program
6. Click Enroll - a pop-up window will appear
7. Click Register
8. You will receive an email with the subject: Enrollment Confirmation
By Email email@example.com
1. your name
2. your department
3. your position (instructor, faculty, P&S staff, or teaching or graduate assistantship)
4. name of the event
5. date of the event
By Phone at 294-5357.
This event is coordinated by The Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching