Seminar: What is next step for flipped classroom? A review of resources and services at Iowa State
|Date/Time:||Wednesday, 13 Apr 2016 from 1:10 pm to 2:30 pm|
|Location:||192 Parks Library|
|Channel:||Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching|
|Actions:||Download iCal/vCal | Email Reminder|
In addition, participants will discuss the future of the flipped classroom learning community and develop strategies to expand the current community and encourage active participation.
Flipped Class Learning Community
This learning community offers opportunity for faculty/staff/graduate students/postdoc to learn more about the flipped classroom and how to incorporate this approach to your courses. A flipped classroom is an instructional strategy that reverses the traditional educational arrangement by delivering instructional content, often online, outside of the classroom.
Co-Facilitators: Laura Ellingson, PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Kinesiology, College of Human Sciences; and Jacqulyn Baughman, PhD, Mechanical Engineering, Senior Lecturer, College of Engineering
Meets on the following Tuesdays:
Feb. 10, Mar. 2, Mar. 23, and Apr. 13
About Faculty/Staff Learning Communities
Members of Faculty and Staff Teaching and Learning Communities are multidisciplinary faculty and professionals who attend monthly or bi-weekly meetings to engage in a topic related to the scholarship of teaching and learning.
*Register for CELT events online through the Learn@ISU website website:*
1. Visit the Learn@ISU website
2. Login with your Net-ID (username) and password (upper right corner)
3. Click the Login button
4. Locate the Keyword search box (upper left section) > Input "CELT" > Click Search
5. Locate the program > Click List Events next to the appropriate cohort/program
6. Click Enroll - a pop-up window will appear
7. Click Register
8. You will receive an email with the subject: Enrollment Confirmation
By Email firstname.lastname@example.org
1. your name
2. your department
3. your position (instructor, faculty, P&S staff, or teaching or graduate assistantship)
4. name of the event
5. date of the event
By Phone at 294-5357.
Coordinated by Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching (CELT)